-->

6/11/2020

Community Organization

I wanted to share some good news with everyone visiting my blog. We recently completed a project back home in East-Africa, it's a school for youth and it's located near where my grand-mother on my mother's side is living. Near our village in, Nyanza province. I visited this place long time ago in 2017 for just a day, but I got to tour the place where the school was supposed to be built. It looked like the towering building was taking shape and there just wasn't enough manpower to get it going but I did notice the kitchen nearby on within the property. Now I hear/see that the project is doing well, they recently completed building it students and teachers are now going there to learn after it's opening. They got desks after my uncle visited from Australia, they got volunteers, and have done alot of work introducing everyone interested into the hardships of educating the youth in rural Kenya. By the time I visited it looked rough. The road to this location is still rocky there are no lanes, after you leave the highway you gotta drive for several miles before arriving. And travel from the city is long and hard by bus to & fro. Nothing much has changed since my grand-father left but I seem to believe it's because of the rainfall and tropical weather that keeps making it hard on locals and surveyors to move thru there and make a difference. I dunno who is in charge?? but the village can be found in Migori and not far from the Ugandan border close to Rongo constituency. I was able to locate the Masai-Mara game reserve from someone's village in Nyanza province. There is no good television service although the locals do enjoy playing music from local radio stations on their radio frequencies. When I visited in 2017 we arrived in Migori after passing Rongo constituency, after taking the bus from Nairobi, KE we had been traveling to East-Africa thru Qatar Airlines. But I seem to believe the area is under leadership of Migori governor Okoth Obado. I ran into the local chief way back in 2011 and it was late in the evening that day when we arrived, he didn't say much of anything. There are barelly any motorists you can drive along the road and enter our village. I am so glad this project is complete they just need professional teachers who can help students learn, even if it's remote we need for this idea to be complete despite the time factor and various other issues.

Facebook page
AKCO Website
Migori.go.ke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trump trial live updates: Stormy Daniels takes the stand to testify today in hush money case

The adult film star says that she was paid $130,000 before the 2016 election to stay silent about an alleged affair with the former presiden...