-->

1/12/2019

Smart

While in New-York roaming thru town I made a stop here at Ponty Bistro Harlem and had to quickly discern where the restaurant was located. The staff may have known about East-africa. So I dunno I guess they switched ownership because the manager appeared to be french a woman, their listed as West-African but I didn't really care I thought they were Kenyans when I stepped in. Anyway, I arrived at around 9:30 PM I wasn't looking forward to just looking at the menu I had shakes in mind, I didn't want to leave so abruptly so I was offered a glass of water. I told the waiter when I arrived that I wanted to look at the menu first before ordering so they gave me a glass of water to drink. I got my first drink and the waiter asked me if I wanted two bottles of their Kenyan brew, which I to my surprise was listed on their menu. That was it, I got drank it then left because I had somewhere to go. I really wanted to try the Asian Steak Salad (Mixed greens, slices of orange and grilled hanger steak marinated with soy and ginger sauce) but couldn't afford the cost $20, I spent $20 for two bottles. I am disappointed because there were customers in there chatting meanwhile I step in and am offered drinks facing the bar so I just sat there browsing the net waiting for the basketball game to begin soon as I got back. I didn't realize they serve french cuisine stuff from Senegal stuff like East African Breweries, Lager. I guess the customers just want to sit and mingle some on tables others at the bar. Very nice spot to take a woman, it's somewhat hidden after getting off the bus I had to walk thru dark alleys I used the GPS to find it get me there. Someone offered to give me a bus ticket at the bus station. I hope to someday return because I enjoy cooking and fine dining. Wonderful, they had a DJ show up that evening to perform right after I arrived, and he was putting together the equipment as soon as the music started I walked out. I intended to also go visit this restaurant but I wasn't able to do it.


Escargot Snails With herb garlic butter and cognac for $12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trump trial live updates: Stormy Daniels takes the stand to testify today in hush money case

The adult film star says that she was paid $130,000 before the 2016 election to stay silent about an alleged affair with the former presiden...