The Economist is reporting that Australia has voted for a new Prime the lady's name is Julia Gillard. Speech Accepting the Office of Prime Minister of Australia below ...
- The country's first woman leader, quickfire party poll that stunned observers and left the ex-premier in tears
- Welsh-born lawyer
- Australia's commitment to keep troops in Afghanistan
- quickfire party poll that stunned observers
- climate change, border protection and ending the stoush over the mining tax as her three top policy priorities
- consulting directly with Kevin Rudd about his future
- Julia Gillard is a member of the Labor Party